Friday, April 10, 2009

You need to see this!!!

I've watched this 4 times already since Wednesday and I love it more each time! This was one of the best documentaries I've seen since "Bowling For Columbine".


Upon viewing this modern day Greek drama you will receive the answers to those various things that made you scratch your head in confusion over the years; from his reckless spending habits, various tattoo's, mannerisms, love for pigeons and his train wreck relationships. This film will do the impossible of sorting out this mess of a man he is and give you a glimpse into the psyche of Michael Gerard Tyson. I can honestly say that I was truly intrigued watching him relive his glory days and past through his impressive story telling abilities. The manner in which he recants events from his storied life helps viewers understand why he is the person we see today.

A lot of people ridicule the way he talks but after really taking the time to LISTEN to the gems that pour from his mouth consistently he shockingly comes off as quite contrite and dare I say brilliant? He is NOT the animal that the media has portrayed him to be. Tyson is a misguided, scared and lonely man who's life fell into peril after the death of his confidant, trainer, mentor and father-figure Cus D'Amato. This is a person who you will root for until the day he is placed in the earth. Even after cheering for his success and staying in his corner until the very end he appears as if he'll succumb to his personal demons that he's unable to conquer.



-micAh!

2 comments:

LEX$ said...

bruh.....i've watched this 3 times today. shit almost brought tears to my eyes. that dude said some of the deepest shit i heard all year

micAh! said...

TRUTH! damn near brought me to tears. I thought I was buggin...lol

side note: UPDATE YOUR BLOG NEGRO! YOU ON JUSTIN STATUS!

Follow by Email