Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mom, wtf were you thinking?

When my mother was preggers with me she came up with the bright idea of naming me Christian Dior Amey. *blank stare* For those of you who don't know, Christian Dior was THE premier Haute Couture label along side Chanel during the early 80's. Apparently my mothers affinity for the brand carried over into the baby naming process.

Luckily, someone (my father) had some damn sense and interjected before the name became "etched in stone". From what he told me he thought Christian Dior would be a bit ghetto, too much and slightly gay as a name. So he came to a compromise with moms to leave Dior as my middle name and he'd get to pick the first name.

Micah - a Hebrew word for "who is like Jehovah" or "who is like God".

Good save pops! *thumbs up*

I still despise my middle name with a passion but as you read the shit could have been A LOT worse!

2 comments:

♪ ♪ Fř£Sh pŘîNÇëSš™ said...

i have a cuzn whos name i thought was just chris growing up
turns out his full name is christian dior lmao
he hates it
but i make sure 2 call him his full name every chance i get

micAh! said...

Suck for him! Glad to see I'm not the only one w/ a ghetto ass momma!

Follow by Email