Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sorry I been M.I.A but...

...I've been beside myself with despair and disbelief that a close friend of mine, Donnie Ray Stallworth bka D.Stalls, is amongst a group of folks accused of participating in the tragic murder/robbery of a married couple who adopted and raised special needs children.

I can't begin to tell you how heavy my heart is with this news. When I saw his name on the front page of CNN's website my jaw damn near hit my desk from complete shock. I kept refreshing the web page hoping it was a mistake or a typo but with every page refresh the facts were further cemented in my brain. Then a day later I saw his mugshot plastered on Nancy Grace.


My heart goes out to the victims involved in this tragic state of events. When I say victims I'm not only referring to the slain couple and their relatives but also the people accused of carrying out these atrocities. Because they also have to go through this judicial process alongside the accused and I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be to see your loved one being crucified in the public eye as a villain and despicable human being.


I can only hope when the facts are presented that my dear friend Donnie is acquitted of all charges. I truly cannot fathom the Donnie I knew would ever get caught up in something as heinous as this. The Donnie I know is a father, a son, a fellow airman, and dear friend to many. He always kept the mood light hearted and always looked at the silver-lining in all situations. This is why I will reserve all judgement until the facts are presented in a court of law because passing judgement without knowing the facts isn't the right thing to do.


My thoughts and prayers are with all parties involved because in this situation all are suffering...

3 comments:

weefe1123 said...

I was one of Donnie's teachers when he was at T.R. Miller. I agree with you...this doesn't make any sense with the Donnie we know.

micAh! said...

Yeah I know! I'm still in shock!

sachie said...

yeah, necy told me she was shocked too

Follow by Email