Sunday, October 11, 2009

I survived my 1st Tyler Perry play!!!


If you know me then you know I have an EXTREME dislike for ALL things Tyler Perry! Reason being is because ALL of his shit is THE SAME! They all have the same believe-in-God-and-you-can-overcome-anything message and it's basically too churchy for my heathen taste!

moving along...

I went to see Tyler Perry's lastest epic "Laugh to Keep From Crying" at the Hampton Coliseum a couple of days ago!

Synopsis:
The story line is based on life's struggles in the inner city. How does one understand and protect young people; how do you manage to keep a roof over your head when you lose your job; how do you separate true love from a deceiver? A family that receives redemption and a neighborhood that comes together with hope, love and respect are demonstrated. As all of Mr. Perry's stage productions have been in the past, this entertaining experience is full of great laughter, high quality singing and you certainly will leave the theatre full of encouragement. As they say during difficult times, you have to "Laugh To Keep From Crying"!

My overall take is that it wasn't HORRIBLE but it wasn't that great. It was fairly entertaining and I can't front I was blown away by the sangin'! That damn Cheryl 'Pepsii' Riley got some pipes on her!

No comments:

Follow by Email