Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Green With Envy

At times I envy your pillow.
How intimately it knows your dreams.
The way it caresses your face for hours and hours.
You’ve shared your fantasies together.
Laid in the dark and whispered your secrets.
Prayed to the Heavens.
Painted worlds of vibrant colors and even flew together.
At times I envy your pillow.

At times I envy your pillow.
How it embraces your head with a firm grasp of what your mind desires.
The way it soothes your tortured mind.
You’ve shared your tears together.
Laid down all of your troubles and escaped the world.
Prayed to the Gods.
Painted scenes of wet dreams and even fought wars together.
At times I envy your pillow.

At times I envy your pillow.
How it’s the last thing to touch you at night and the first thing you feel in the morning.
The way it cradles your mental rumination like a newborn child.
You’ve shared your failures together.
Laid and wallowed weeping like a willow.
Prayed to the Creators.
Painted parallel realms and even sang on the mountains of Zion together.
At times I envy your pillow.

At times I envy your pillow.
How it has become creased with the most wonderful shape I have ever come to know.
The way it has memorized your methodical musical snore.
You’ve shared your laughter together.
Laid down your trepidation and melted with its touch.
Prayed to the Divine.
Painted myriads of peaceful backdrops and even rode the back of Pegasus together.
At times I envy your pillow.

At times I envy your pillow.
How it has felt you grow in both age and wisdom.
The way it soothes your temples and nestles your tired neck.
You’ve shared your sweetest taste of success together.
Laid in luxuriously lavish layers of love.
Prayed to the Most High.
Painted fields that extend beyond the sky and discovered that fish, not birds, really do fly.
At times I envy your pillow

By: Jessie Davis

Beauty and Brains.. She's a rarity...

No comments:

Follow by Email